I’ve been having smoothies (and lots of them) this year. Yes, I love me some Razzmatazz or White Gummi Bear from Jamba Juice, but making them on the cheap here at home works just as well. I’ve been freezing my strawberries, bananas and mangoes so I can make my smoothie without ice. Creamier. Yummier. Just throw in some fresh OJ and you’re good to go.
That was until I ran out of OJ. What do I do instead? I make some homemade version of a Banana Split.
What you need:
- Frozen Bananas
- Chopped strawberries (frozen, or not)
- Chocolate Syrup (optional)
- Strawberry Syrup (optional)
- Milk or Cream (optional)
What you do:
- Blend the bananas until creamy like soft serve ice cream. I added about a tablespoon of milk to assist with blending.
- Mix in chopped strawberries.
- Pour into a plastic container.
- Top with chocolate and/or strawberry syrup if you wish.
Next step? Scoop and eat!
Wasn’t this homemade banana split ice cream easy to make?